Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Ms. Sadie

My best friend in the world lost her mother on July 8th.
I started to write this poem and just got so overwhelmed with grief...
I suppose one day I will finish it, but here's all I got so far...


I am going to remember you just the way you were--
A force to be reckoned with
Southern bred, city raised
A mama to all that came your way
Your laugh was infectious, your smile just the same
I still smile thinking of how your pronounced my name
Ms. Sadie, Ms. Sadie
Such a classy lady
You taught your children right from wrong
And never to cause harm
Fearful of God and respectful of all
Tamara will miss you -most of all
Ms. Sadie, Ms. Sadie
Your laugh was infectious, your smile always so bright
Its hard to believe we lost you tonight

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss...writing is an excellent way of dealing with the pain and honoring your loved one. I did the same when I lost grandmother last year.

    ReplyDelete