Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Baby Mama

I never wanted to be any ones baby mama…
I didn't want to deal with the drama
Of changing diapers-wash'n bibs-cleaning spit ups or
…trying to remember when the last time I did a sit up…?
I didn't want to feel the pain of when he gave some other girl his last name
I didn't want the look that I under took as pity –and how I am no longer pretty
I never wanted to be any ones baby mama…
I didn't want to deal with the drama
Of who picks em up or drops em off-or how much all this shit really cost
I didn't want what was our love to turn into an argument about a broken glove
I didn't want some other lady raise'n my baby
I didn't want to be any ones baby mama…
I didn't want to deal with the drama
Of being another statistic in a sociology book-because I mistook his passion for compassion
I didn't want to lose my freedom-while his remained in tact
I didn't want the title of baby mama and ...
I am not tryin to cause any drama but hes gotta understand my plight
Cause when we fight we create nothing but tension that goes unmentioned
And that is not the proper dimension in which a child should be brought up-
So what we need to do is grow up.
While I must under take the task of wipen that lil dirty ass
He must stand at attention and not forget to mention that he is not a baby's daddy
But that he is a father –and its not a bother to him to have a child that is rambunctious and wild. Because though I never wanted to be any ones baby mama-I AM
And that fact puts me up to bat for its my responsibility to make sure our child knows
That as it grows not only is it loved by its mama-but by its daddy too
And I stress that I will settle for nothing less than his presence in its life
Because I never wanted to be any ones baby mama…
I didn't want to deal with the drama

No comments:

Post a Comment