Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What I Want

I am not the flower or candies type of girl
But I do need recognition
I am the kind of person that when I love something or someone I want the world to know
I am proud. I want commitment
I want passion and excitement
And when there is pain I want to know that joy will soon follow because he will stop at nothing to make me happy...
I want respect and admiration for my desire to adopt then to procreate
I want compromise
I want it to be okay that I hate to cook
I want him to call
I want us to support each others decisions and quest to be successful
I want him to love what I love because I love it-just like I love what he love because he loves it
I want him to ask my father for my hand
I want him to get a long with my family
I want my niece to make him laugh and my nephew to call him uncle
I want to live in a three story flat with stainless steel appliances, hardwood floors, and a door man -with him in the city
I want us to have a weekend home in the country
I want us to come back to Illinois every other year to see the family
I want us to travel to Ghana so that my mother knows our children-especially the Asian ones
I want him to love me as much as I love him
I want him to show me he loves me
I want him to fight for me when I say its over
I want him to prove to me that I am wrong
I want him to trust me. I want him to confide not hide
I wanna hear his problems and his fears. I want to know his friends-and him to know mine
I want to be able to call him and tell him a funny story and hear his laugh and for him to call me crazy
I want us to have familiarity
I want us to be that couple that others look at and say they are so in love
But when I look at us now and see that we are no where near some of these things I want
I get a little bit worried because these wants are my needs
And if he can not deliver then I want him to go.

2 comments:

  1. i remember when you performed this at Inka's...i LOVE this poem!!! Can I want all these things too? Lol

    ReplyDelete